Sunday, July 20, 2008

Palmyra...
I finally made back safe and sound after, four missed flights, five airplanes, three delays, one over nigth without are laugged, and four smiling faces to greet me at the airport, the ten of us made it home on standby! But putting that behind us, this was such an amazing experience and I was so glad to have shared it with my mom, my in-laws, four sisters-in-laws, and two brothers-in-laws, we were a big group. We decided to go because we all wanted to see the Palmyra Pageant. So we made a fun little vacation out of the time we were there. We saw it all, from the Whitmer farm, to the cabin where Joseph Smith lived, the Palmyra temple and then the sacred grove. Can I just say what a beautiful place this was, so peaceful and calmimg, (I could see how Joseph would go here for answers)It was amazing!
The temple in the back ground.
Christie and me with the strapping young Nephites. The Pageant was really awesome, and of course I cried at the end.
So after we saw all the sights in Palmyra we decided to head for the border, the Canadan border. We went see the Niagra Falls, and yes we got pretty wet. Then headed to Toronto to see the big city.
We went to this tower the CN tower which is suppose to be the tallest one in the world. We went to the top and lets just say I got a little nerves being that high, but they have this glass floor you can walk on and look straight down, it was crazy! We went into the stadium were the cardinals play baseball and they had just played the Yankees that afternoon. After that we mostly drove around, and got lost a few times but we really did get to see Canada! This really was a fun trip and I am so grateful to Ryan for letting me go and staying home with the kids.

6 comments:

Heather said...

so jealous! Canada is a really neat place huh! It looked like you had so much fun.... I am glad you got to go. How do you still look so perfect after 3 kids? what is your and bryns secret????? miss you guys when can we hang out?

The Garn Family said...

Jamie- Was so excited to see the comment you left me on my blog! It's been so fun to read about your cute family on yours. Seriously, your kids are so adorable!
Sounds like you had a fun trip, what fun!

Jon & Kim said...

That sounds like so much fun - the plane ride home. I would love to go and see all of that. What a sweet hubby to stay behind and watch the kids.

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

What an awesome trip, it looks like you had a great time! We ran into your mother-in-law and sister-in-law at Costco, she told us about the crazy stand by flights! So glad you are all finally home!

The King family said...

Wow! It sounds like a great trip, even with all the travel hassle! I hope to go to Palmyra some day. I loved seeing all your photos. The picture of the Sacred Grove looks so beautiful.

Bryn said...

what a great trip, I want to hear all about it when we hang out this week! Right?! Well, I'm glad that you had a great time, even in the rain.