Monday, April 21, 2008

We're so glad when daddy comes home..

We were so excited to go get Ryan from the airport today. The kids made posters and cards to make his home coming a little better. Ryan has been in Brazil for the past nine days. He went with his brother and they both had the best time! They had both served their mission's there, so it was really neat for them to have another chance to go back and enjoy everything all over again.


We sure missed him!!! Mckaela was off track this week too, so we made all these plans to have fun while she would be home and to keep us busy while daddy was gone. But Mckaela got sick the night he left and was sick almost till the day he came back. She had a virus that was going around, with high fever, stomach ache and other symptoms. Her fever got up to 104.3! Which totally scared me, none of the kids had ever had a fever that high. We took her to the doctor's, which there was not much that could be done, and then my wonderful visiting teacher's husband gave her a blessing. She is 100% better now. I am so grateful to all those that helped me this past week, without you I don't know if I would have made it! So now Ryan is home and we are off to Las Vegas for a family get away for the next week. We all need some quality time together!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

That is seriously so cute that they made signs for him! I bet he was so excited to get down that escalator to them. Have fun in Vegas!!!

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

I am so glad that Mckaela is feeling better, darn those nasty viruses! How cool to go to Brazil, I bet that was fun. Have a great time in Vegas!

Ginny said...

Congratulations on surviving with sick kiddos and a missing husband. It is always hard when Daddy isn't around to help. Glad he is home safe and Mckaela is feeling better. Have fun in Vegas!

Bryn said...

I'm sorry that we weren't able to see you guys! I hope that you all stay healthy, and have a great time in Vegas!

Kira Thunell said...

We sure know this joy very well for as much as Spence travels. It's sooo good when they come home, eh?! So I think when the guys go on their car gathering trip to Sacramento that us wives need to get together for some play dates. And your trip to Vegas looked fun, I can't wait for it to warm up here. It's May for crying out loud!!!