Monday, April 5, 2010

Finally finished:)

So we have been making a few changes to the girls rooms. Addison is now out of the crib and in a big girl bed(what a sad day that was for me). When we moved here I never finished her room thinking that I would when this change was going to happen, I would just redo her room and get new bedding and paint then. Well as we were trying to decide what to do, Mckaela said "can Addison have my room and then you redo her room for me" we had bought all her stuff about a year ago and then painted the room in this house to match with it all and it was more little girly than she wanted now, so that's what we did and I think it was the right chose. She now has a grown up girl room and I think it turned out really cute but let me say it was no easy job!!! One thing after another went wrong:(

Exhibit A:
spilled paint on stairs. First thing you see when coming into the house. Don't you just love the color though:) Brendan was being so helpful by carrying the paint up to the room but didn't quite make it all the way. I think more got on him then the stairs. (note to self: never get paint from walmart again...they did not seal the lid, glad it didn't spill in the car) Now we get to replace carpet:)



Exhibit B:
Never buy the blue tape to tape off section for stripes...this is what you get! It bleed through the tape and when I was taking it off...the paint was coming off with it. On to plan B??? which by this point I was ready to let the kids do what ever they wanted to the walls. Free for all:)
But after much frustration and hours of work...we went from this:
to this:









And here is Addison's new room. Made a few changes to make it her's!




3 comments:

Brianne said...

Oh my gosh, those are soo cute!! Love them!!

The King family said...

Sorry about all the trouble you had but both rooms are adorable! You really have a gift!

Cricket said...

Both rooms are adorable but pink and green...oh baby I love those two together!!